Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pantomime Star Biggins Make Big At Celebrity Show

English television presenter and pantomime actor Christopher Biggins has been crowned the winner of ITV’s jungle reality show “I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!“ The 58-year-old actor became the fifth male winner of the show beating out former U.S. supermodel Janice Dickinson and boy band “Five” singer Jason "J" Brown.

The “Porridge” star broke down in tears as he was named the “king of jungle.”

“It's been a wonderful, wonderful experience and I can't believe that I'm here, that I've done it,” an emotional and a bit shocked Biggins said.

'I've made wonderful friends and I've done wonderful things that I never thought I would do. Unbelievable fun, it was just the best.”

The results came a day after Biggins successfully completed the show's infamous Bushtucker trial, where he was asked to eat a crocodile's foot, three cockroaches, a kangaroo penis and the marsupial testicles.

Biggins joined the jungle as late arrival on day 5. The public did not vote for him to take part in the trial, but he participated in the trial as a lifeline for Janice. He became the bookies’ favorite after winning six stars for the camp during the Jungle Jeopardy trial.

Welsh singer Cerys Matthews was voted off the show on Thursday night, coming fourth.

No comments: